This week on Weekly Roundup…
Want to dabble in horror this Halloween season? In this week’s video, I break down what I see as two distinct approaches to horror, how to convey the death of a POV character, and more.
(And if you want to see an example of a literary jump scare, check out my “Old Favorite” TikTok at the end of this post.)
- 00:07 The two types of horror
- 02:31 When the POV character dies
- 03:23 How to write consistently
- 04:40 Fixing “slow” scenes
- 05:59 1st or 3rd POV. Which is better?
- 06:42 When characters “go crazy”
- 07:30 Can you mix past/present tense?
- 08:30 Making memorable characters
- 09:30 Are adjectives bad?
- 10:34 Get more out of writing workshops
Want to join my next live stream? Visit my TikTok on Saturdays at 2 p.m. Central Time. Hope to see you there!